Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Dreamwalker

can't access my router on the browser

hey there

i just bought a wireless ip webcam and i can't access the router through the browser to configurate the router as it's not recognizing the camera

i try to type http://192.168.0.1 but i never get access ... it just waits until it says it can't go there.

also i needed to know if the router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), because dynamic IP addresses obtaining is one of the factory settings of camera.

my router is the Superhub VMDG480.

any help would be appreciated especially if you know these types of camera

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
bp1375

Re: can't access my router on the browser

Are you able to get the internet through your router? Have you tried connecting to your router via http://192.168.100.1 in case it configured in modem mode?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Taggman

I also cannot access my superhub (netgear) router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 to check or change the configuration. I have seen a large number of posts on this issue and it seems all suggestions from VM have failed to rectify the situation, even pin hole resets only a temporary solution and new firmware (v.36) seems not to solve the problem either. After reading over nine pages of posts on this topic elsewhere in this forum I thought this one may contain the answer, but only gives an old work around forsetting modem only mode. So it seems either VM want this problem to remain ie don't want customers accessing the router config screen or they are locked into supplying poor quality routers - either way not an impressive policy or attitude. How do I request a replacement router without wasting my time on hold waiting for India?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

Best to call it "Super Hub" to avoid a speed reader thinking it's a stand alone router.

Anyway, you can have dozens of SH's sent to you and something will be wrong. It's useless as a router especially if you put it under real load like from a CCTV device.

Seriously, put the thing into modem mode and buy your own router - even if you feel it is up to VM to fix the SH - because they can't IMO.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Taggman

Thanx - switching router off/on maintained settings and allowed me to access it via 192.168.0.1, then change channel as that's all I needed access for. I see your point re **bleep** VM router but don't want too many "boxes".
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

That was VM's theory. One box does all. But they could only wring so much (little) out of Netgear for the price they wanted to pay per unit. Just imagine what % of the cost went into the glossworks and vanity when it could have bought better anenaae as found in the standard Netgear 3101D gateway.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.