Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Brainbox
atiq
Helpful Answer

blue light of netgear router is off?

plz kindly reply my netgear router is work with wired , but since this morning my wirless light is not on , normal days i seen its dark blue glow, i rang service centre, they said its new software updated , will be fine later, i unplug all and wait 1 minutes and reconnected but  still no wirless light and no wirelss connection i used eathernt wired, plz can u help from where i download new software? upgrade my netgear n router software, i rang netgear telephone suport after 15 minute waiting they said we cant help u ,rang vm. plz help.......thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: blue light of netgear router is off?

hiya atiq 

could be a issue with a firmware update, but these are only done once you log into the router.. 

best idea would be to reset the router, to do this on the rear of the router next to the power cable says factory restore, if you put a pin/paperclip etc into this hole for 10 seconds this will reset the router back to factory settings and the name of your wireless connection will revert back to Netgear with no wireless security. 

if this works, just re-run the cd to create a new wireless name/password.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
atiq

thanks i done, i reset my netgear n, to factory setting as u instructed, insert arrow pin ,all lights goes off, ,than unplug all and plugin all, after one by one all lights are on accept blue lights, are not on yet any more trick plz . i need wirlessly connected ,thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

hiya  atiq 

well if the light is still off after doing the factory restore, then can only surmise the router is at fault, and would to be replaced. 2 way to achieve this 

1. call up virgin media tech support via 150 or 0845 454 1111 (if you call them please let us know)

2. wait for a forum admin to arrange the replacement, this can be anything from 1-3 day wait. 

dont bump this posting since that just takes longer to get looked at. 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
atiq

thanks i wait plz arrange , do i write my address, and account and home tele phone here, is this safe or i send message to you plz arrange nergear n replacements thanks

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi atiq,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
atiq

thanks all sort it out..

Please use plain text.