Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

No Internet since package change

Since my package was changed to remove TV Service I no longer have access to the internet, Hub says it is online and the phone works but I am unable to use any network devices, wired or wireless. I called the helpline last night and they just kept ge...

Kracker by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downstream power levels

Can someone check my downstream and up stream I currently have a forward path attenuator 6db on, when using ps5 I get "the router you are using may not support ip packet fragmentation" with a wiered connection I have tried directly to the HUB5 and th...

Screenshot_20230914_041327_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041317_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041309_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041344_Chrome.jpg
JamieB1 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wi-Fi pod frustration

New to VM and therefore new to this forum. i don’t think I have ever experienced the frustration I am now feeling - all I need is a couple of Wi-Fi pods. like others on here I expected the installer to have at least one with him. I have been all roun...

Unreliable broadband

VM broadband is so unreliable, we’ve had the hub upgrade, countless calls to VM which btw takes ages, assuring us the the latest software has been upgraded to the hub, & engineers have checked the connection. On a daily basis the broadband drops out,...

Wifi pod

Hi , I’ve tried getting in touch , unsuccessful, can you please contact me re having a free wifi pod .

Wifi but no internet

Keep getting wifi with no internet. Doesn't happen straight away but does after a certain amount of time (which I don't know). Hoping someone might have a suggestion on why this would happen? It's getting annoying having to reset my phones wifi and t...

Winters1 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can’t get a second Wi-Fi pod

I’ve been trying to order a second Wi-Fi pod for a while now but seem to be getting nowhere. The last time I contacted customer services via chat took 7 hours and they said it’s been ordered and I need to be patient but I’ve had no confirmation or em...

uksteve by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues on my laptop staying connected

So since I’ve changed over to Virgin. My laptop has been having issues staying connected. When it disconnects the option to turn on the internet isn’t there, and my laptop thinks I’m connected via Ethernet (says to plug back in connection)  The wifi ...

Cal303 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light on virgin media hub

Hi I have the same issue with my hub. I've tried everything that was said above but the red light is still on! This has been happening for the past 3 days, the internet is still working but I do not want to leave it any longer as I need my internet t...