Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! isolator cable

  Had TV 3x box 1 in liveing room 2 in bed room and 1gb speed upgrade upload speed low and lots of pre errors and a couple of T3 timeout been checking all house cabling and find a  isolator cable on the bed room TV box and not on the main line 

IMG_20230903_230911.jpg IMG_20230903_230950.jpg
graham1705 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband woes - can't speak to a human

Hi all,I have been having issues with slow bb speeds and intermittent signal across the house for a while now, but has been awful for the last 48 hours. The lights on the hub go from bright white solid, to bright white flashing, then to dim white for...

WeeJDoh by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless connection problem

Recently had virgin connected after being with BT. Wired connection with TV works fine but wireless connection with devices drops out routinely in the morning and evening for a good 30 minutes minimum each time. Every day this happens.  Tried turning...

SWWright by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New router

Hi, I’ve got new router I think it is Hub 5, I want to login to security setting to set up the new router but I can’t do it through Virgin Media App as it is not connected to the new router, I have tried to delete the App and VM connect App and reset...

Haz1 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet loss

Good afternoon, I’m not sure where else to write this, so I’ll post it on here and hope that someone can help.  I am experiencing what appears to be packet loss on a regular basis for over a year now. I work from home so this regularly interrupts my ...

Hesta by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Flashing Green Hub

Last 24hrs hub flashing green and tv stuck on starting up. Rebooted but still same . Dan our last technician isnt answering my call

Resolved! Hub 3.0 Red Light

HiMy Hub 3.0 has a solid red light.Everything seems to be working correctly, including ethernet and wireless connections.I'm in router mode and have followed all of the steps as advised.• Turning the power switch off on the back of the Hub.• Ensure t...

FELLA by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos