Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Exactly the same here, well ventilated, leads all in place, wifi working well for now, Hub 3.0 is never touched so leads will never be the problem, as usual it's  impossible to get through to VM on the phone, now been on hold for 20 minutes because o...

Solid red light superhub 3

Have seen many posts along the same theme as my own and hate reposting, tried calling virgin but was could not get through despite many repeated attempts, so here I am.. No loose cables, switched off countless times, reset via the reset on the rear o...

Resolved! VM Connect APP not unpausing

I have had issues with the connect app from the start. Always struggles to connect to the Hub, when it does unpausing or pausing a device never works. Is there any point to the app with it being so useless? Is there a solution by logging in to the Hu...

Small by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orange light on Hub 3 Router poor WiFi

Had this Hub 3 Router installed yesterday as I'm 1 days with Virgin 500mb and I have had this orange light since installed.. Was told by engineer installing it should change to white when Installing but never been White.. Called VM today and the chap...

16961044250763674800865319145142.jpg
PandaJ by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet cuts out every few hours

My internet (wifi) cuts out every few hours for 30 seconds at a time. It’s been happening daily since I got the virgin fibre a month ago. I have not tested wired. I have set up a thinkbroadband monitor. Please help - thanks!

Access Denied on websites

Good Evening We've been having an issue for the past few days where it looks like our IP is banned on certain websites or something? We have been unable to access websites such as Argos.com, asos.com, Lufthansa.com. Some websites like Amazon gave me ...

image.png image2.png image3.png

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;

I get a lot of service interruptions on my broadband. These last from a few seconds to a couple of minutes but occur several times a day and are very annoying. Checking the network log I see I get a lot of critical errors with SYNC Timing Synchroniza...

JGHSmith by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terrible Performance from new kit

Hi Virgin,I have a new contract and a Hub3.0 router replacing the old equipment.  The performance of the new service is abysmal in comparison to the old Virgin equipment previously installed (older model of Hub 3 , same service speed)..  Wireless is ...

BP2099 by Just joined
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer not connecting to Hub 5

Cant connect to my HP Printer to Hub 5, very frustrated as new virgin customerTried disabling 5GHz, disabled channel optimisation, adjusted wireless mode, mac filtering off, reset several times - all to no availAll other devices, some pretty old - ea...