Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Booster / Pod

Hi,like many previous users from the sounds of it. When installation was complete. I was advised by the installer. You have poor quality internet in one of the rooms. However, by downloading the app you can order upto 3 boosters to improve this. I do...

Help! Now please.

I have been on the phone to the helpline, and just as she was setting up a technician appointment, the call got cut off and she hasn't called me back!I tried calling back but which ever way I go it's saying the office are closed! What that about? I a...

Network Glitching

I'm getting network glitches - sudden loss of bandwidth - and just wondering how to diagnose the problem?I've just fitted a TP-link Deco X50 POE and have the Superhub 3.0 in Modem Mode - everything runs perfectly - with good bandwidth (350Mb/s). I ha...

wdmullen by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing internet access

I use the app to manage my children’s access to the Internet. They are all connected to the guest network. When it is time for them to switch off I disable the guest network and restart the following day. Following recent changes to the app, each day...

Been offered a deal but not happy

Just off the line to V M retention, helpful guy but unfortunately despite telling them that I am leaving I am not happy with the offered deal. Currently on M350 @ ÂŁ60 per month offered ÂŁ40 which I have declined. Clearly reading this thread and simila...

Resolved! Virgin Media Connect App issue

Virgin media connect app is not working yet again. I have a computer paused and cannot do anything to unpause it as it continually says optimise wifi which I have done I don’t know how many times, so i deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it sa...