Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Pod request

When I was with sky I needed a booster to make sure I get internet through out the flat, based on being with virgin I’m going to need the same. I’ve done speed test. What’s the quickest way of getting a pod to improve the wifi?

IMG_0384.png IMG_0383.png
Rico86 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Never ending crap from VM

Hello,I've had never ending crap from Virgin Media for several years now. I'm so close to leaving Virgin at this point. I would have already left if I had Openreach fibre in my area, as I work for Openreach myself and it's a no brainer to leave VM an...

No Broadband for 12th day now

I was connected to your "precious" broadband on 25th of September. From the get go, the router was showing solid yellow light. "Technical issue" - I thought. Will be fixed in no time! How blindly naive I was. I called a helpline and was told that it ...

Yorgen89 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Engineer no show

I have had no braodband or TV service for 31 days now.  Have spent numerous hours on the phone to Virgin Media and the experience has been appalling.After waiting  three weeks for an engineer appointment to fix the cable to my house - today - they ha...

Packet loss since late August

Hi Team,I've been seeing Packet Loss on my line since late August.  I've also noted the Hub jumping US channel regularly, which can often lead to brief outages as it re-syncs.I had an engineer out on Tuesday 19th, who removed a 6dB FP Attenuator from...

ac1b40dd6f794e006e907b394777a3dd0a5be177-24-09-2023
Vdera by On our wavelength
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latency Spikes

We moved house a year ago and decided to stick with Virgin but upgraded to the Gig 1 Fibre Broadband package.Over the last few months the connection quality has steadily been declining, with random short bursts of connection loss and then devices rec...

Internet disconnected too early

Can someone assist with my issue? I got disconnected, even though we agreed that saturday the 7th will be when the Internet will go off. It went off on Thursday instead. 

270head by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot login to Connect App

I cannot login to the connect app. Stuck in some sort of loop. Can login to My VM using same username and password.Every time I try to login, it asks for username, and then defaults to biometrics. Use this, then loops back to ask for username.Tried u...

Fazzini by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dropping internet and very slow speeds

We had a Virgin Media tech out a couple of years ago who fixed noise issues on our line and said that he expected we'd need to do it again in a couple of years' time. We're now experiencing the same issues.From looking on this forum, I can see that h...

a06275_0-1696834653955.png
a06275 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

An alternative to the Hub 5X?

Has anybody tried this as an alternative to the Hub 5x.https://www.adtran.com/en/products-and-services/fiber-access-and-aggregation/optical-network-terminals/sdx-620-seriesI have seen them on ebay for about 30 pounds.Would get over the lack of modem ...