Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Absolute load of rubbish, for the past month and a bit now I too have been having issues with Virgin media, they report that nothing is wrong with the internet and everything is fine, even had an engineer out after upgrading to the hub 5 saying there...

Dom338 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub 3

A red light has appeared on my hub 3 box and will not disappear.I have checked cables and reset to factory settings, but the red light remains.  It is in a well ventilated area away from sunlight.  But, it does feel warmer than usual.Please help as I...

Difficulty with ordering pods

I was wondering if there is anyone who has cracked the Virgin support team. I am trying to get pods to get rid of dropout areas in our 3storey house. The house is old so has thick walls. As part of the contract we are entitled to up to 3 pods.Initial...

TheKhan by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inside cable was cut before I moved in

Hi all,New WiFi box arrived (hub 3) to our house yesterday, where we were eligible for a quick self-start as there's the brown virgin box outside.  Upon trying to install it I found there wasnt an inside installation box and what's more, the white fi...

Hub 3 has red power light

My hub 3 power light is constantly red. I have done all of the recommended actions to no avail. It is in router mode, it is kept free from obstructions and is very warm (but not hot) from the top of the hub but the rest is fairly cool and normal. Hav...

Resolved! Media Connect App fails SIM check

Actually this is about the Virgin Media Connect App but that doesn't seem to have an entry in the board selection (of the 5 Virgin apps in Play Store only one is listed under Apps in this forum).In 'Media Connect' I am trying to login using my SIM de...

Resolved! Wifi pods and hub 5

Apologies in advance as I know this has been posted previously. had hub 5 installed to day and now no pods work, they have been flashing white for the past 6 hours and not showing in connect app. Worked fine with hub 3. Engineer stated they’ll work i...

abb_z96 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos