Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Re: red light on virgin media hub

Hello Ryan,We seem to have the same issue.We still have an internet connection (seems a little unstable and slower than normal). But there is a red light showing on the hub.We've tried restarting and a pin hole reset, the light still remains.Any assi...

Resolved! Connection Issues SW14

Anyone having frequent drop out on connectivity today? Becoming unusable for work. frustrating as I’ve had lots of reports saying work in area has fixed issues over the last few months. Obvs not. please sort out Virgin!

Resolved! HUB 5 blue flashing light and Diagnostics

My daughter has just got a Hub 5, plugged it in and got a white light and then started flashing blue. Running the diagnostics and it says the cable is disconnected, it isn't. Any suggestions ?

gnome by Dialled in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Access VM Connect App

Could somebody please assist meI’ve recently moved house and brought my virgin media internet with me. Wifi signal is poor in some areas of the house so I have a WiFi pod on the way, however when trying to access the VM Connect app I’m told that my a...

Amazon Fire Tablet Not Connecting To Braodband

HelloI have a hub 5. My sky box and mobile phone have connected to the hub via the password with no issue however my daughters Amazon Fire HD10 Kids Pro tablet says the password is incorrect. There are two different passwords on the hub. I’ve tried t...

Pls give me an advice!!

Hi there I’m using a hub of 264Mbps nowone of my flat mate having the most far away from the hub is saying the wifi is not working well. Should I get an extender or change the faster hub? Which is reasonable and effective?***I’m sorry that the senten...

Sue02 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken outdoor connection box

Can someone advise on how to get my broken outdoor connection box repaired? The external cover ( which was never securely fixed) has cracked and is now in two pieces leaving wires exposed. 

IMG_4240.jpeg

Repull didn't happen

So we've had no internet for a week, since Sunday. An engineer booked a repull for the Saturday just gone, which no one showed up for. When I call, half the people say no one works weekends and the other half say the repull can only be done on the we...

Laptop won’t connect to internet

Work laptop been working fine for 2 years.All of a sudden, I can’t get any internet on it at all. It is connected to the router and I know the wifi / internet is working as it’s perfect on ps5, iPads, phones, partner laptop, tele etc. - I have checke...

Getting sick of packet loss.

Me again,Look, I can stand a drop in speed, I can even stand the firmware issues, but packet loss is driving me insane.It's been going on for a few weeks now, I got a text saying all is fixed, and it was!Then two days later it's back again.I was gett...

risc19 by Well-informed
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos