Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Packet loss issues

Hi, I've been having issues with my virgin m500 wifi recently that looks a lot like it's being causes by major packet loss:using the ping and traceroute tools on the hub5 admin page with a wired connection corroborated this:Not really sure what to do...

5fba23f008cb076eeac9271ccb4964c6b7d7048a-24-09-2023.png 8e376a023aebf75b2ff896fa6aabd36d258c2a08-27-09-2023.png sunray34_0-1695839084136.png
sunray34 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Order wifi pods

I upgraded my package a week ago and the new one includes 3 wifi pods. I was advised at the time to wait seven days and then order these through the My Virgin Media app but I cannot find any way to do this either in that app or elsewhere. I note from...

flashing red telephone icon

for 8 days now , no landline , just a flashing red telephone icon.Been reset , rebooted numerous times. unplugged etc etc I.T (joke ) say its my phone , no issues with line .I pointed out that this even happens when no landline is plugged in ?/is thi...

Red light on Virgin Hub.

I've had a red light, instead of the solid white light, on my Virgin Hub for a couple of days now. Contacted Virgin who advised resetting the hub which I did. The red light continues to be present on the hub so contacted Virgin again. Offshore advise...

New hub 5 pod now not working

This is so annoying. I even mentioned the pod when I agreed to the new hub. Yes it will work they said. Well it doesn't so now no WiFi in the kitchen.I have tried plugging it in nearer, right next to the new hub to no avail What do I do now? Sorry to...

johnsusan by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on Hub 3 router all the time

Have a solid red light, indicating an overheated router. Have done all the pinhole and hard resets and the router is in an open well-ventilated place. The wifi functions fine so the red light must be a fault in the hub. I contacted the webchat and th...

FranH by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pod Issues

Hi everyone,Just been sent the Hub 5 and upgraded to 1GB WiFi, everything working ok even if the WiFi signal is actually worse than my older hub 3. My issue is with my 2 WiFi pods not connecting to the new hub that were working perfectly with the old...

King3232 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: wifi connected, but no internet

Hi Ryan,I'm struggling with the same issues as others earlier in this thread.Internet keeps cutting out, although the wifi symbol shows I am online and connected. Eventually my phone switches over to 5g, but quite frustrating, especially as I work fr...

Redzorro by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WI-FI PODS

How do I go about ordering wi-if pods? Just upgraded l my broadband and the guy I spoke to said I got 3 included in my upgrade.Cheers