Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

High constant packet loss

Sorry if not in the correct section but I'm experiencing high packet loss which is making the internet unusable when it's happening. It is happening on both wired and wireless connections. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?https://www...

New hub 5 rendering house completely useless

So after multiple complaints regarding the quality of my broadband considering we pay for the top package and work from home. Constant drops in signal, only getting around 20mgb when running a speed check. Trouble is our house is a smart home and as ...

WPA

Can someone please help I was trying to print some information off.i have a hp printer it's saying not connected to WiFi my laptop was asking for WPA wireless password don't have a clue it says it's on the hub can't find it. Haven't used my printer s...

Alfie61 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin new customer credit not being applied

I wonder if someone can help me, I have recently signed up to Virgin on a Hub 5 264mb contract, Having struggled and still struggling to get the agreed speed and connection in the house, I’ve been told I need to pay for pods, even though the connecti...

videJ by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have the same issue with my hub 3. Please advise.Thanks 

No Internet!

I had virgin broadband in my previous house since it came out and have never had any problems.  I moved house a few months ago, bringing my old Virgin 3 router.  I have also been supplied with 2 pods by Virgin.  Frequently I now see "Connected (No In...

CityFibre broke my VirginMedia connection again

I live in Winnersh, Wokingham. CityFibre is pulling a cable through the BT chambers where VirginMedia for some reason put their optical wires. As a result second time I am losing my link. Last time the works were done next to my house, now the works ...

v1ctor by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Move WiFi router to another room

Hi there,My WiFi router is now an inconvenient spot in my bedroom and needs moved into the kitchen. I’ve read that Virgin can send out an engineer to do this for a fixed cost, does anyone know how I can organise this?thanks!