Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

SuperHub 5 Power Supply

HiI'm receiving a SuperHub 5 on 25th October 2023. I am suspicious that the mains cord lead is not going to be long enough. For my SuperHub 3 I was able to use a 3rd party power supply with a longer cable, however for the SuperHub 5 I would prefer to...

wrwhite by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I order some of the mesh pods for home?

How can I order some of the pods for home?I’m a new volt customers with the wifi max element added, I’ve got a temp cable run by your install team to allow for my printers/ pc's etc to get online. I need at least one pod to locate my hub in the actua...

NewKOTB by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gone Away Form (Moving Into New Property)

Hi Virgin media teamI have signed up for virgin broadband last week and I received an email today about the Gone Away form.I’m not sure what this is about or anything that I should do.Thank you. 

Bdcoll by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Boot up router remotely

I have a similar issue in that I am out of country and unable to access any of the household devices so I'm unsure if it's a power related issue or internet.   I saw from above you were able to check at least if the router is on.   Would you be able ...

Resolved! wi fi pod

had a hub 3 with wi fi pod connected, changed to a hub 5 now can not get wi fi pod to connect to network, any advice  would be truly welcome

Recommended to Change Hub Location?

My hub is currently, located right at the front of the house, so currently, it is in the corner meaning the signal doesn't reach everywhere that well. We have 3, pods and it helps a bit, but because we mostly work upstairs it seems a bit counterprodu...

Wifi pod not detected

Hi i have plugged in my WiFi pod and waited 24 hrs but it is not detected on virginmedia connect app so cannot run health check etc. I tried a different location and still not recognised. Any ideas, or am i better off cancelling it and just increasin...

unable to connect to internet hub 5x

just got virgin today with the new hub 5x it works can connects to the hub and it boots but nothing else more via wifi or anything else, it shows a orange light , and under the router settings , under advanced>tools>network status>configuration it co...

botric by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lag loading Youtube videos, whatsapp images, etc

Hi All,   I recently purchased a virgin media broadband package and having the exact same issues and it's driving me insane.  I live in Turnpike Lane, North London.  Has anyone been able to fix this yet? Calling up Virgin has not been of any help and...

Obaidiio by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos