Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Virgin Blocking Access to my website

I am a web designer and having just finished a website and published it, I am now unable to access it via Virgin Media directly.I built the site directly on the server using by updating my Hosts file to target the specific IP address of the server (a...

Resolved! Cannot connect to hub 5 WiFi or lan

Hub 5 stopped accepting any connections on Friday either WiFi or lan. Hard and soft reboots attempted without success.  Light on front stays solid at all times,  no flashing at reboot or power on/off. Seems bricked.  What's fastest way to get replace...

Hub 5 remote restart by Virgin

Is there a way Virgin Media can restart its Hub 5 remotely? It often happens that I'm away at work, also writing this post, and the hub must be in some error mode randomly. I'm ending up without ability to control cameras, heating, etc. Pretty poor c...

Mateyski by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Critical Error's in the Hub 5 log

Hi folks,I am getting some critical errors in the log of my Hub 5, do you think that these could impact performance of our 1Gb broadband?5-06-2023 23:00:46critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 8;CM-MAC=**:**:**:...

Infinidim by On our wavelength
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUB 4 WI-FI OFF

Hi.I've had my hub4 installed last week. Lad who did it checked everything and went saying it's all good. My first action was obviously to change all passwords without even checking WiFi etc, as well as 2.4 and 5 bands name's so all devices can conne...

koowal by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3.0 Red Light

Yesterday I had a Technician call for a BB telephone fault. The first thing he noticed was the router had a red light on. That wasn't the cause of the telephone fault (now fixed), but looking on these boards I see it is an overheating fault although ...

VC10 by Dialled in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet Drop - having to reboot router everyday

results from Monitor:https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/16b086091b3d442b1c77e520c63c8abded33c1f4-21-12-2022https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1b8b6baf10e53b35bf2e2f0a1f1ac0617c1450de-18-12...

D3S1 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 Vs Hub 5 - should I switch ? (Quick question)

Can anyone let me know if I would see any benefit in switching from a Hub 3 to a newer Hub 5  as just been offered a switch ?I'm on a 250 Mb cable connection currently, so don't know if I would actually see any benefit other than better wi-fi?!

Wifi Pods

Hi,Does anyone know if the wifi pods boost both the main network and guest network or just the main one?When using the Connect app and looking at what's connected to the pod, it only appears to be devices in the 192.168.0 range rather than the 192.16...