Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Internet issues

Anyone else having issues with WiFi in Havercroft area, it's been a while since we lost the Internet 

Praf by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Persistent 'Intermittent signal error'

I am experiencing Persistent 'Intermittent signal errors' when gaming.I am trying to play CoD but it keeps dropping out with a BLZBNTBGS000003F8 error. I have done all the recommended steps to resolve this several times. So I tried running the diagno...

aoleary by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor connection

I moved from Sky to Virgin and got a very poor wifi connection at home. Sometimes to get connection I need to turn off wifi setting on my iPhone to use SIM data. Tried to restart wifi plenty of times. Virgin Customer a are is not easy to reach and I ...

Ing_mdm by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alleged Intermittent error

Some advice please. Lost broadband connection this morning. Totally down. Contacted support who say that there’s an intermittent signal problem and they’ll monitor for 24 hours. However from my end it’s completely down. Can an intermittent signal iss...

Ban5hee by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Superhub 3 no Ethernet following lightning storm

As the subject. Returned home after a few days away to find that a storm had knocked out the router section of my Hub. One yellow LED continuously lit, no signs of life otherwise on it or any of the others. Happily the WiFi radio is still working, bu...

derryck by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gig1 Volt Download speed < 300Mbps

Hi,  We just upgraded from the M350 package to the Gig1 Volt package and were sent a HUB 5. After activation, whilst being connected via Ethernet and with the Hub still in router mode I tried a Samknows RealSpeed test and was repeatably still getting...

nobones by Tuning in
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Stuck in optimise WiFi loop

I’m using the virgin connect app and when I click on the broadband legend I get the message that I need to optimise my WiFi, I go through a number of steps and it finishes the optimisation but when  I go on the broadband legend again it tells me it n...

WFH connection issues

Good evening.I am WFH and having issues with my connectivity when using my Virgin wifi on my works laptop. It keeps losing connection and then reconnecting almost straight away but each time it disconnects I am thrown out of the system I am using and...

imajica37 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos