Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Highly frustrating and impossible to contact!

My broadband has not functioned for 2 days and my kids aren’t happy with me. Does anyone know how to get to talk to a person/employee from virgin?I have been put on hold from a virtual assistant for over 3 hours I just want to report a problem why do...

Resolved! Need a WIFI POD is very bad unable to cloud game

Hi guys, not too long ago I switched from BT to VM, and ever since I've been having issues with my WIFI it's terrible, I am on 1gig package I need a pod to fix the issue, BT is so kind compared to VM, you can get loads of their WIFI extender discs fo...

Hitron Chita regular rebooting.

Hi all, I have had Virgin Business broadband installed on the 17th of December and from the offset had issues with the router completely rebooting itself approximately every 2 hours leaving us without internet and phone lines for roughly 5 to 10 minu...

Connection.png

hub has red light

My hub has also had a red light for the past 10 days. Tried the pinhole reset as suggested but no change. Internet not affected but clearly something wrong with router.

smithi1 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet Loss when gaming, and on discord.

Hi,For the past 3 months ive been getting spikes in my "outbound packet loss rate" that i noticed on discord. It happens usually when discord detectes any voice activity from my mic, and i start to lag everywhere. Internet browsing, gaming, voice cha...

123asd.png

Blocked websites

When I am on the wired broadband or WiFi I can't access certain websites, TripAdvisor, dominos and tesco that I know of. If I turn off WiFi I can access them. This has happened before. Any ideas?

HUB 3 Latency and connection issues

I have issue with my wifi in general since the start of my contract. particularly with speed and latency. i have typical devices connected. nothing major - xbox, laptop, phones, Alexa etc. just general stuff.i have rung the 'customer services' numero...