Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Replacement power supply

Can anyone suggest how to order a new power supply for a Virgin media wifi router? Mine has been damaged and there doesn’t appear to be an online option to order a new one ta

Jpal by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

network constantly dropping out and bqm

My internet is constantly dropping out or dropping down to 1-2mbps. I have tried everything I know but nothing seems to help it.I have run a bqm for a day or so and it is showing that we are having packet loss all the time and the graph just down loo...

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 23.17.23.png

No internet after power cut

No internet after power cut, followed normal reset procedure and tried hard reset on hub 4, still flashing red, I work from home so rely on the internet being on however it is saying I cannot get an engineer out before tomorrow? If that is the case p...

Wifi pods sp01 and pp01 what is the difference?

Wifi pods sp01 and pp01 what is the difference? Done some research never any solid answers to do with VM stuff so what is the difference between them which is better and why? As VM did not like me using my own router and mesh i got told i have to use...

WiFi - intermittently cutting out

Hi All  Slightly strange issue where my wifi seems to be cutting out every so often (atleast every hour) for a good few minutes before coming back. It’s really affecting home working and need a resolution. The VM website doesn’t indicate any area fau...

Sg341 by Joining in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to order 2nd Wi-Fi pod?

Any help gratefully received as I’m not getting anywhere with this?Volt customer: I ordered a Wi-Fi pod using the VM app and it has helped. I thought I would need at least one more as per my previous setup. The app now directs me to the chat facility...

AM11 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband problem

How do I book an engineer to come and fix my virgin broadband connection because I keep calling and asking for help and I have been ignored for couple of months. Please for help because my daughter is not able to do her homework. Thank you, Max.

Juleczka by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancel contract 14 day cooling off period

Have received pre contract documents via email but no account number. I wish to cancel the contract and I am within the 14 day cooling off period.however i cannot get through via phone as no account number or landline. Livechat is useless and disconn...

Pavan90 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Adult sites are being blocked

All adult sites are being blocked. Still unresolved after 3 weeks. Been waiting on a call from IT support. Initial contacts unable to solve problem. Child safe is turned off. Whats going on ? Is this a new virgin media policy? 

FINDO23 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Thermostat linking to hub 5x issue resolved

Was unable to link Salus thermostat to our new hub 5x and was really dissapointed, looks like other had similar with different brands of thermostat.  After many days of searching for a resolution, plugged in a TP link power line adapter and plugged t...