Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! VM Hub 3, Eero 6+ and NAS odd behaviour

Since switching from Sky to VM I am having some access issues. My setup as below;Asustor NAS to a 6 port switch (other things are plugged in to it)Switch then runs on a 5m Cat6 cable to the VM router, in port 2Eero 6+ is connected to port 1 on the VM...

Good Wifi6 Router vs Mesh package ?

Hi,I'm upgrading my Virgin Business Fibre Broadband this week and have been looking at options to improve our connections around the house, after putting up with poor powerline socket performance for waaaaay too long.I'll be getting the Hitron Chita ...

meber by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Modem Mode Gone/Not working?

Last week I noticed that our Hub 5 was not in modem mode. I've been using modem mode since installed the Hub 5. When I try to reset modem mode it takes 10 minutes approx to cycle through but when it check it is still in router mode. Hub connected str...

fdkin1 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Recovering an unknown email

Alright, here goes without trying to blow my lid. It's almost 5am on the 14th of November. My name is Jamie and I am 22 years old. I'm not a virginmedia account holder, but I live in the home of my grandparents and have since I was a young child. Now...

jmebopx by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Direct Contact for Engineer Department?

I've recently (5 weeks ago) signed up for virgin media and I've had nothing but frustration in trying to get my broadband services set up correctly. Initially, my house did not have a direct virgin media line from the box in the street. As a temporar...

Hub 3 modem mode/setting up tp link router

Apologise if any of these questions are daft but I'm finally taking the plunge to upgrade poor WiFi signal in areas of the house by using another router. If this fails I'm going to have to try a mesh systemI know I need to change the hub 3 to modem m...

mikesf90 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 connection issues with TP-LInk network

Hi,I tried installing my new Hub 5 last night and all seemed to go fine (Hub 5 white light was on steady) but when I tried to select the Hub 5 wi-fi from my mobileand entered the Hub 5 password I got "Connected, but no Internet". I didn't have my TP-...

Move home - Service still not available!!

I set up the moving home process with many weeks of anticipation because we do home office and the agent assured everything was set up for service transfer for October 20th. We moved and we still can’t get our service back, they say the previous tena...

Linkdv by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos