Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Not sure what the problem is, but any help appreciated.

Hi all.  Gonna be hard to explain, ( not that tech savvy ) but here goes...I have been having a few probs with one of my Echo Show`s losing connection, 1 of my camera`s losing connection, PC buffering playing some video`s, you tube,  also,,, Smart tv...

JohnUK777 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 has red light

My hub 3 has a red light and after reading multiple posts with the same issue and realising it is hot to touch, it’s telling me that my hub has overheated and needs replacing. Can someone get in touch with me to sort this please? I’ve tried turning i...

No service received - i want to cancel

We have received terrible service.  We were told to upgrade to business to receive better service but since upgrading we have not had any wifi or internet connection.  We have had about 7 engineer visits each of them resulting in no progress.  We are...

Rif1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No broadband in ipswich

Broadband has been poor all day with times of no access.  Service status is apparently ok but it’s not.  Have rebooted a number of times to no avail ….

Sea60 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BT internet radio

Hi folks, I’ve just been given a BT internet radio and I’ve tried to connect it to my Wi-Fi. Although the radio can see my router it just says “service not supported” Is there anything I can do about this or is the radio too old to be of any use. Tha...

Carl177 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child safe

How do you active Child Safe when you get the following message: "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again"

JoeM1959 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x Modem Mode - 15th Nov '23

Hello,I've recently had XGS-PON installed and the Engineer told me the Hub 5x has a "working modem mode."It does not.You can access the 'hidden' (and seemingly non-functional) modem mode option via a secret URL, but enabling it does nothing, because ...

Malachor by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos