Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wifi problem

Anyone know why my internet radio lost signal from wifi and therefore will not sign in

WW1948 by Up to speed
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Broadband extender how does it work?

Hi. I am new here. Hope this is posted in the right place. I was recently trouble-shooting poor WiFi coverage at a friend's house. They have a Virgin Hub 3 and a Virgin Broadband extender which I believe is a powerline extender.When I surveyed the ho...

Everardo by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Really Bad connection

I live in Isleworth, where the only good connection that surpasses 50mbps is virgin median. I had no issues with them for 1 year, then 2 months ago it started going off and on. The connection works for 20 minutes then stops for 5 and so on. Called th...

dowre70 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittant Broadband

Hi, is the only option here to get an engineer sent out?  I am new to virgin and my service has been up and running for about 2 weeks.  But every day we are having 2 or 3 periods where the broadband just stops out.  Restarts etc don't help.  This can...

Resolved! Red Light on Hub

Hiabout a week ago the light on my hub went red. It now stays on red despite several re starts. The Virgin kit checker says it cannot run a test right now and I have tried this several times. any clues or is this a new hub required?Rob

rjpowell by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cable

I've had 3 engineers and none of them knows where to connect the other end of the internet cable in London. One end is in my apartment. Is it normal that engineers ask the customer where to connect the cable to make the Internet work? I've been witho...

Fikus1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Strange device connected to network

Hi can anyone help please. When I look at the devices connected to my wifi on the VM connect app I have an unknown device manufacturer  - LG Innotek.The strange thing is it has the same IP address as my iPhone which is also listed. The MAC addresses ...

Connect app and Hub 5

HiI upgraded to Volt Gig1 fibre broadband and installed the new Hub 5 a fortnight ago. I know that I have WiFi dead zones in the house and want to use the Connect app to scan so that I can obtain booster pods to improve coverage.The app will not reco...

CC215 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos