Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 5 won't restart in modem mode

Logged into hub 5 to put in to modem mode to install mesh. It goes to a blue flashing light and then stuck on solid green and a spinning circle on the browser page at 192.168.0.1 I left it for a good while although it said it should take 5 minutes. O...

DFwood29 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network speed

I have had the wifi for around a month and it’s started to be very slow in the bedroom. Is there anyway of getting a booster box for this, I can’t even use tiktok at the moment and am getting very poor speeds. Any tips on how to get a booster would b...

Splitting router

Trying to split my hun 3 router using my phone , tried 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 neither let me into my hub settings . Any help please ? 

Packet burst

Hi I'm constantly suffering with packet burst while gaming done everything I can think off ethernet connection opened ports etc etc but still happening 

Wi-Fi issue in Hornchurch area for months.

Hi, Please can you help me.  I have been having issues with Virgin Wi-Fi for months now and had hoped that it would sort itself out it.  It just got worse.  My phone is now attached to Wi-Fi and calls from my family keep dropping so beside trouble wi...

Nat21 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New Customer - why is the wifi so bad?

Hi, I’ve recently swapped from BT to Virgin for improved download/upload speed. I was getting 50mb on BT and now get 250mb on Virgin…sometimes. This is the problem, my BT wifi could handle loads of devices, worked all across the house but Virgin is r...

PaulS77 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light on hub

Hi! The red light has been switched on on my hub for months. I've touched the hub and it seems a normal temperature - doesn't seem to be over heating; cables are connected properly too, so I think I need a replacement hub. Can someone advise how I mi...

Hazzle16 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 2.4ghz not showing up

Hi, I was having problems with the wifi and did the troubleshooting which guided me to a factory reset. Now only the 5ghz is showing up and all the smart bulbs, washing machine and things have been disconnected. They all require the 2.4ghz but it's d...

Ktyjay88 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos