Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 connection issues with TP-LInk network

Hi,I tried installing my new Hub 5 last night and all seemed to go fine (Hub 5 white light was on steady) but when I tried to select the Hub 5 wi-fi from my mobileand entered the Hub 5 password I got "Connected, but no Internet". I didn't have my TP-...

Move home - Service still not available!!

I set up the moving home process with many weeks of anticipation because we do home office and the agent assured everything was set up for service transfer for October 20th. We moved and we still can’t get our service back, they say the previous tena...

Linkdv by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Faulty since joining support is terrible

Constant disconnections since joining on the 1gig plan using Hub 5x which I've only just found out is a trial and seems to be rolled out just to beat the competition as it's not ready!I've sat on hold for hours after.only being with virgin for a matt...

Mnm2397 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Speed

I’ve recently signed up to Virgin Media’s 1Gb/s download speed. presently I’m getting just over 500 Mb/s and have restarted the router a couple of times and re-sited it. Nothing I do brings speeds anywhere near what I’m paying for. Any ideas before I...

Gramac1 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Am I entitled to get an upgrade from Super Hub 2?

Hi,I also have a superhub 2 and have been experiencing the connection dropping intermittently.  I play competitive bridge online and It was very frustrating recently as I was continually having to log in to the site in the middle of hands being playe...

mejaybee by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Latency Spikes

I'm having high latency spikes on my line, tried all the usual help guides on virgin site support and no fixes to this please help? 

20231003_095659.jpg
Jackyjay by Joining in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi connection and Speed

Good morning, we are getting so frustrated with our Broadband we have the 250MB but have consistent buffering even within an hour of rebooting the modem, we can not get a Wi-Fi signal in our bedroom (we never used to have this issue) I am sat next to...

JayJay13 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help needed no internet and tv

Hi my tv and internet and landline says I need to check cables even though everything is connected look at photos below, please help I’m working everyday and can’t get an engineer in.  

image.jpg image.jpg