Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Broadband wifi boosters

I had my broadband set up last week and am trying to get hold of virgin to request a booster as my package offered up to 3 or 4, I can't seem to get through via phone or email so wondering if I can get help here. Thanks 

3rd Party WiFi Extender

Hi all,We had a weak signal in our kitchen, and my WiFi pod didn't do anything. I presume it was faulty as when I unplugged it, it was very hot!That aside, I bought an extender from Amazon (because I couldn't be **bleep** with the hassle of calling V...

dbstoke by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 issues

Hi my mum's Hub 3 keeps losing ethernet connection or basically stays on wifi. This has been going on for at least 2 years i think. In that time i have VM come and check outside connections, change to a new hub 3 and remove the filter that was connec...

Hassan69 by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does the M250 WiFi hub have Ethernet ports?

Does the "Virgin Media WiFi Hub" (is that just the name of Virgin's router or is it a different thing?) that I would get from the "M250 Fibre Broadband" deal have ports for Ethernet cables? I want to be able to connect an Ethernet cable straight betw...

Resolved! Hub 5 issues - nothing works, white light

Hi everyone i upgraded my broadband package from 500mb to 1gb Internet on Thursday, my new hub arrived yesterday wich is a hub 5. I had Internet working fine on the old hub wich was the hub 3, when i plugged in the hub 5 my devices say connected with...

mattb133 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netgear Orbi RBR50 not working with Virgin Hub 5

Hi,I have recently upgraded from Virgin Hub 3 to Virgin Hub 5.  Previously, I had Hub 3 in modem mode and Orbi in router mode.  All was well (no lights on Orbi, indicating it was working as expected).  My orbi has 2 satellites, but I'm not sure that ...

Old NTL/Chorus cables

HelloAre the old NTL/Chorus cables that run along houses still active?There is one on my mother-in-law's house and it is falling down between the houses. I'm wondering if I can just disconnect it and get rid of it. I've tried calling Virgin but I get...

WS13 6DA

Morning, noticing a lot of random packet drops on my connection. This affecting a lot of my services.I have rebooted the Hub (it is in modem-only mode). But this has made no difference. Anyone else?ThanksDarren

Bizbouk by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi router not delivered

Hello!My wifi router was meant to be delivered yesterday but I am still yet to receive the tracking number. I do not have an account number therefore I am unable to get through to customer service.Please help?Many thanks,Elena