Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Unwanted ineffective pods - how return?

Lasts year I raised a complaint about the greatly reduced wifi signal I now (don't) receive - all investigations as to the cause came to zero and I objected to paying for a lesser service than when i first signed up.I was offered a pod to see if it m...

Super Hub 4 Speed Issues

For the last week, ironically since BRSK have been kicking around my area. Dudley I am getting faster uploads than down. I am getting on average on a wired conneciton whether it be in router or modem mode to my Draytek Switch on average around 35 - 8...

vk2011 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 VPN issues (NordVPN)

Hi guys!Recently upgraded from my hub 3, M125 package to the hub 5 Gig 1 service. I’ve noticed the speed I’m getting on my firestick with my VPN on (NordVPN) is around a tenth of the speed with the VPN switched off. I’m getting around 300ish with VPN...

meshk by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repeat Hub Issue

VM ref last engineering visit to my property it was agreed that a new Hub would not be necessary given the remediation of faults - a new cable to the property and replacement of a connection / termination box (apology I can’t recall the name) inside ...

mermaids by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading my Hub?

I’ve been a Virgin Media customer for almost 10 years now and still have the same Broadband Hub  that came with my package - as of late it’s really struggling to keep all our devices connected. I’m constantly having to reboot the Hub just to kick it ...

ipulfer by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Box Cover Falling Off

Hello,Our brown internet box outside of our house has a cover that is slowly falling off leaving the wires exposed, I've done my best to put a rubber band on it but it won't hold it forever, especially in British weather.This happened last year (feb ...

Internet keeps disconnecting, please help.

I recently joined Virgin Media since they were the only ISP to offer fibre broadband in my area. It's been a bout 2 weeks and the experience has not been pleasant.First I had no coverage in about half my house so I wanted to move the router upstairs,...

presoto by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet regular drop out every night

Good morning, Having a rather frustrating issue with my Internet. I have a hub 4 in modem mode connected to TP Link Ax72.For the last 3 nights we have woken to no Internet connection. On the tp link router that works fine, just it isn't receiving any...

I want the pods but the connect apps lies

I want to try out the new pods to help with my wifi as its constantly dropping out. Im sure i need a new box personally but I've tried using the app and its states im getting over 30mb download in all rooms. This is just not true and latest speed tes...

ploppy54 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos