Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

VM booster stopped working - trying again

Hi. Posted the following some weeks ago:Hi. I have a pair of virgin supplied power line boosters pg9072lg. Signal has been fine for ages but recently stopped. Have gone through set up and re pairing to no avail. Noticed the white power light is not o...

mnsolihull_0-1701559069071.jpeg

Wifi pod request

HiI have the Gig1 Volt package. Using the VM Connect app and running repeated scans the wifi download speed in one room varies throughout the day between non-existent (when the app can't scan at all) and 67 Mbps. The rest of the house has strong wifi...

CC215 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Missing external cable cover

I have recently moved into a new home and have already got Virgin Media set up and working well. However I’ve realised that the external cable cover is missing so the wires at the front of the property are exposed. Is there any way that I can get thi...

nancy197 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Total outage for 3weeks

Total outage for 3 weeks due to damaged cable outside my property from gas works . Totally unacceptable customer services . Tried to terminate my contract to be told I owe £275 because they have a policy that they have 30 days to fix the line .  In c...

My WIFI is HORRIBLE! It’s so rubbish it’s ridiculous

Can’t beleive how awful and inconsistent this WiFi is. In my room especially. Promises 240mbps but I barely get 10. My room isn’t even far from the router. I have an extender and an Ethernet on the extender and it’s still awful. I get kicked out of m...

KhanMW by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2nd Pod Order

Hello, I’ve been trying to order 2nd pod from customer service [signal won’t reach living room], over a month since I had my first pod. Have tried 3 times now via customer service but the order is never fulfilled, can u help me please!  Thanks for yo...

TurnerJu by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timed access on Hub4

I would like to put a timer on certain devices on my WiFi network, I can find the "how to" for Hub3's, but I can't find it for hub4's or the VM Connect app. I've had a look myself but only seem to be able to pause connections manually.Can anyone assi...