Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Orange light on hub 3.0

Hi,My wifi connection has been slow recently and I noticed an orange light on the routerI have checked all connections and reset the hub and no change. I went on http://192 etc. And done a diagnostic and it said there was a WiFi connection issue. I a...

Emma179 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

i need a wifi booster but can't get one

I am struggling to figure out how to get a booster for my home. My package says i'm eligible for 3 boosters if above 30 mbps isn't achieved in all rooms. The wifi doesn't work in one room and one is 20 something . Therefore we should be eligible howe...

Failing connect app

Totally unreliable app. Says it can't find hub when everything else is working. It even states "something went wrong on our side." Even when it appeared to be working it apparently wasn't as connection through the app was so inconsistent. Have just r...

Grumps70 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi white pods

Can someone give advice,my WiFi pods won't connect to my new hub 5.when connect with ethernet it works but not WiFi.worked with old router

No Internet Since Coming Back From Holiday

So we went on holiday to the USA on 10th Nov, since returning today, our internet is down. Upon returning, the light on the Hub 5 was flashing red. Upon restarting/rebooting/factory resetting, the light now continues to blink green (been hours betwee...

Nicktilt by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

moving router to another room

hello,My router was installed at one end of the house and the signal doesn't stretch to the rooms at the other side. Would it be possible to book an engineer to move the router more centrally?Many thanks,Rob

Black wifi pod - connection issue

I am growing a little cheesed off now. I am beginning to despair with VM at the moment and I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't upgraded to a hub 5 - I am now having wifi connection issues. I have received a delivery of a black wifi pod today and basi...

Resolved! New Hub 5 No computer WiFi

Hi, We have upgraded from Hub3 to Hub 5. Great so far 2 TIVO Boxes, 2 iphones, 1ipad, Dell laptop Windows 11 all ok. BUT Old Dell machine (Windows 10) cant see the new wifi signal. (Also same on old HP machine Windows 8). Can anybody suggest anything...