Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Ordering a WiFi pod

I am a Volt customer and therefore am eligible for the WiFi Max guarantee.For the last 2 weeks I have recorded intermittent connection and slow speeds in one room in my property.I have called multiple times but no effort has been made to order a WiFi...

Wifi Pods

Hi I have just returned to Virgin after having Sky BB for many years, and as part of my Sky package I had some Sky WiFi boosters for 2 WiFi dead spots I have. I can’t use them for my Virgin package, so I spoke to VM last night and explained my issue ...

Wifi pod request

I have recently got the Volt benefit which improved my broadband speed, however, I am having issues with the wifi coverage. I live in a townhouse with my router being set up on the middle floor, where the connection is very good but that is not the c...

2 WiFi pods will not connect.

i have upgraded to a hub 4 and had 2 Wi-Fi pods and neither will connect.  I have been sent a third pod which I have received and connected straight away but the other two pods still will not connect can you support with this.

Secured No Internet - Hub 4

I have had a new laptop and just can't seem to get it worked with WiFi. It will work completely fine with hotspot from phone.Tried Hub off + unplug + restart. Just says connected secured but no internet. Trouble shoot says laptop set up correct but n...

Jatin by On our wavelength
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get Wi-Fi Pods reset?

I'm having the exact same issue. New Hub 5, and my WiFi pod isn't connecting as it presumably thinks it's connected to the old router. There doesn't seem to be any way to reset the pod. Please help!       [MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

Poor WiFi coverage

hi I just upgraded to volt but am still suffering poor WiFi coverage in any room other than the living room where the hub is located and the bedroom above. I have poor results when scanning on the app - how do I order WiFi pods ? I can’t even get acc...