Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Trouble logging in to Hub 4 / Macbook Air connection

HiWe're having two related issues which I think need posting together. I'd be grateful for any help please.1. We're having issues with a new Macbook Air having an extremely slow connection when connected to our Virgin broadband. It has an excellent c...

db101 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub whistles like a kettle in the evening

We started to hear a short whistling sound, a bit like an old fashioned kettle whistle, every evening for the last couple of weeks. It happens normally from around 9 pm. It is very short and intermittent. We switched everything off one evening one it...

Mambo170 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUB 5 not connecting WINDOWS devices

We have had our Hub 5 now a year and a half at lest I’m guessing.This last week it has taken a dislike to EVERY computer we have that is Microsoft OS. All the Apple laptops we have , no problem. Neither too are all the consoles, phones , pads etc ….....

TRO1972 by Joining in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIFI no internet connection on phones

Hi,I have ran into an issue with my WIFI lately and I can't seem to find a solution. I have an Android phone and when it connects to the WIFI, I get a notification saying that the network doesn't have internet connection. Whenever I connect with my A...

BalintH by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pods

Ive just upgraded my wifi from the Hub 3 to Hub 5 and my 3 wifi pods will not longer connect they just flash green then blue. I’ve seen a lot of posts about this but none of the steps work. Ive rang 3 times on the past 4 days and been told the activa...

Gleedy1 by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Some devices not connecting to Hub 4

Recently one of the devices I have connected to wifi dropped out and would not let me reconnect it to wifi.  It's a datalogger for my PV inverter and had worked fine since it was installed 3 months ago.  While investigating I found that my phone woul...

jfs1969 by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help getting connected

Can someone with a little know how advise me on how I can convince VM to connect our property.We live on a terraced block of 4 houses the 3 other properties all have VM cables running to there properties. Ours unfortunately does not due to previous o...

Virgin comment app issues

can anyone help. My connect app won’t show anything that’s connected and I’m unable to pause anything or run WiFi test.  Virgin say they’re are no issues but I keep getting these  please help it’s so frustrating I’ve reset download the app and the h...

IMG_0323.png IMG_0325.png

VM connect app hub 3

how do you get this VM connection app to work, done everything seen on this forum, after hrs of trying it just site there saying connecting to hub, then unable to connect.is there another app l can use to see my WIFI strength in other rooms, I live i...

joe19 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 Wi-Fi password

Have a Hub 4 that’s never been touched since installation approx 18months agoRecently when using the Wi-Fi (Apple devices) I get an error of Incorrect Password for VMxxxxxxxxthis is now becoming a pain as it’s happening every couple of days and the o...

m4rkje by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos