Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Floating green cable and disconnected/broken box

Hi,I recently moved into a new property and the green cable related to the Virgin broadband goes through the front garden and around a wooden fence. I do not think this is normal so it should be checked and sorted. Also the box that used to be attach...

Gloche by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pod

Ordered a WiFi pod from virgin on the phone a couple of months ago and I have still not received it. I also messaged a member of support on the WhatsApp chat who also assured me that they would order me a WiFi pod and I am still yet to receive it. I ...

Eddiesnm by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-fi in only 65mb wen 2 b 550mb plus Pod

Weeks ago I called them as I could only get 10mb on wifi then I get a call from them telling me all services in our area were down but now its all ok.Dayz later I tested it to get 65mb yet I didnt need an eingineer as all was sorted.My pod wont work ...

Dexder by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do I need a new router?

My speed to router is acceptable but the Wi-Fi speed on my phone when I'm standing next to the router is 17.  I've had someone with more IT knowledge and a virgin user tell me that the speed I'm getting is intermittent.  As I do not understand IT,  I...

SallyD1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VPN capable router to replace Hub 3?

Pretty much as the title says. I'm looking to replace the hub 3 as I'm tired of the terrible connection. So want to put it in modem mode and get my own. I use a VPN (windscribe) on my laptop but like the idea of putting it on my router to provide umb...

Malawi89 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Moving router

I’m looking to move my router upstairs due to connectivity issues. Two people can’t play on a console at the same time without lag, so hoping that if it’s upstairs it’ll prevent that from happening.

Rckbks by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Superhub 5 Rebooting again

After posting a message about my Hub5 rebooting following a software update and everything appearing to settle down my Hub5 is rebooting with some frequency. Since the 16 October my Hub5 has rebooted because - Cable Modem Reboot because of - kernel-p...

Resolved! Hub 4 not working with Toshiba Fire TV

Hello,We previously had Hub 3 with no issues connecting to our Fire TV. However, due to problems with the signal dropping off, we were told we’d need a new Hub and was consequently sent Hub 4. Since receiving this we’ve had multiple issues with our c...

Jufc84 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos