Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub4 Flashing white blue and green

My hub4 was working fine but randomly decided to stop working this evening. It’s flashing white, then blue, then green. Have tried to reset using the button and also turned it on and off at the wall, checked all the connections etc etc. Has anyone el...

BradL28 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! HP Deskjet Printer set up issues

I have recently purchased an HP Deskjet 2710e printer and am having problems completing the setup through HP Smart. Despite trying multiple things it appears to be an issue requiring individual 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks to be configured.After an hour ...

pk99 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Superhub upgrade

I have the M350 broadband package with the VOLT bolt on which takes it up to M500 (500bps).  The issue I have is I still have the superhub 3, which only give you wifi 11ac speeds (around 200bps), so on wifi I cannot benefit from the extra speed  .  H...

HUGH_EFFO by Up to speed
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving outside box + new box as damaged

Hi,Outside brown box I need moving a small bit (30 cm)The wire coming through the wall is in the way of construction/soundproofing work i'm doing.We need it moving slightly and also will need a new box as its held together with electrical tape.

WiFi issues

I am new to 1gb Internet and am having WiFi issues with the 5x hub.The vm connect app on phone shows an ok WiFi signal however my sky box and ring doorbell keep dropping the WiFi connection.Is it possible to get a WiFi extender eventhough the vm conn...

ttonk81 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get IP address ..continued

Hi,  Im getting the same issue the other guy had whereas devices on my Wifi are unable to obtain an IP address.I work in IT and it makes no sense why it doesn't work so my question becomes how do I clear the DHCP leases manually? when i change the le...

Trouble connecting Wifi pod with new router

Hi, I recently was sent a new router. I had a wifi pod that was paired with my old router. I have tried to reconnecting it to the new router, but I am not having any luck. I also tried using the Connect App, selecting Add Wifi Pod, but I am receiving...

Get Wifi Pods

I have poor wifi coverage at the back of the house , and the Virgin app does not recognise the HUB for some reason , so i am stuck. Is there an alternative way to sort this out?

alphaklg by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terrible Overall Service

I had called Virgin Media in October to cancel my broadband and telephone. At this point, I had signed up with BT - however BT later got back to me and stated that external works are required, so as of yet I don't have an installation date. When I sp...

Resolved! Intermittent area signal

I'm hoping someone from VM will pick this up and organise accordingly.I require a network engineer to take a look at my local cabinet and the cabling from the cabinet to my property.Within the property the cabling, fittings and kit have been checked ...

Loggsie by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos