Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Internet

Since November I haven't had any Internet. It's now Januaury and still no Internet.Asked for a new pod, wasn't ordered. Made a complaint, then I received my WiFi pod. WiFi pod arrives, not working. Phoned for a new pod, hopefully it will arrive Thurs...

VM connect app forcing to optimise networks.

My app worked fine until a few days ago, now I can't access devices to pause them as it keeps telling me to activate one wifi and I don't want to as many of my devices only use 2.4g and I don't want to change over 20 devices when the changes are made...

Red light on router

Having the same problem as many others.  Red light on constantly for several days.  Warm at the top of the Hub. Have tried everything suggested by/to other people.  Needing a new Hub?

Val_D by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Samknows speedtest strange result

VirginMedia asked me to run Samknows realspeed to help investigate my slow download Voom600I keep trying various things but I get this 'impossible' result... (multiple times throughout the day)The router download speed is a lot less than the device s...

How do I order WiFi pods?

I have used the WiFi app and tested signal speed in all my rooms. 2 rooms have insufficient signal strength to conduct a speed test and the app doesn’t give me the option to order WiFi pods. It just suggests I move the devices nearer to the router wh...

VM Connect app forcing one wifi optimisation

Until a few days ago, my app worked perfectly fine, I could pause devices and access everything connected to my router.  Now I constantly get a message to activate the one wifi optimisation and can't access the broadband section to control my devices...

Broadband Dropping

I have regular issues with my broadband service, my PC is hard wired into my Hub 4 and occasionally, normally when im on a works call my connection fails.Here are my logs if anyone can help ???Network LogTime Priority DescriptionMon 08/01/202417:03:2...

Solid red light on Hub 3

For a couple of weeks I have noticed that the constant white light on my Hub 3 has changed to a constant red light (see the attached photo). I have reset, rebooted, unplugged & plugged back in again, but to no avail - the light remains constant red. ...

IMG_8272.jpg
BigAl_R by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos