Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Digging up edge of my driveway

Virgin media were out front today, assuming sorting my neighbors Internet.  I've come home from work and the edge of my driveway has been dug up, without my notice, to lay cable, and then bodged back up. Looks like they used the edge of my driveway t...

Red light on hub

Hi I’ve got a constant red light on my hub, I’ve rebooted several times and it’s still there. The box is not hot and is well ventilated so doesn’t appear to be overheating but I am concerned that is something wrong as I’ve read on your forums that th...

LCJTB by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unstable gaming connection

Hii am having issues recently with my gaming connection. Up until fairly recently it was always strong an reliable IT IS A WIRED CONNECTIONI play Gran Turismo 7 online mainlyi have an issue where every time I start a race now my connection bars (1-5 ...

manually connect an appliance to 2.4ghz?

hi,Is it possible to manually connect a device or allow it to be added to a hub 4 via the router?The device only uses 2.4ghz and mine is set for both and 5ghz in the router settings but it still wont add it?Surely there is a way around this to get it...

Resolved! Hub3 Log in Password not working

I'm trying to reset my wifi password but cannot get into the settings page of the Hub3.0. I've done a reset 3 times (20 seconds +) but the PW on the base of the unit is not being recognized and I get timed out after each attempt. Getting to be a PAIN...

Keep Losing internet connection Briefly

Hello, i'd like someone at Virgin Media to contact me please (I've tried and failed by phone)The issue i have is that i keep losing broadband for just a few seconds which is enough for me to lose my connections to a vpn, outlook etc. The issue has on...

dazza36 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow network speeds

Hi all,I have Gig1 fibre and a hub5. I'm getting correct broadband speed into the hub.. but nothing like the speeds I should be getting for any device connected to it (max speed I can get on anything is about 270 Mbps.  Currently, I have the hub in m...

JMLV by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP and Mac Address no listed in the router conected items

HiI have a display screen that connects to my hard wire system in the house, no I know it works because i can access it from the software on the desktop.  the problem i have come across is that when I wanted to put the screen on a reserved IP address...

SKN by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pod not connecting

Hi   my pod wont connect to my hub i done everything still wont. I called virgin so many times and the dont have clue what to do. I told the reporvision the pods and they dont know whats that?! I cant work too due to this. Can someone please please h...

Connectivity Issues

I'm being driven mad by issues with applications, websites not loading correctly, connections timing out - does any of this look like I need an engineer? Not sure what else I can try at this point everything was fine until last week, The issues are h...

Pbx2021 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos