Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Keep having to reboot my hub

I am sick to death of having to reboot my hub. I had a new hub a few week after having problems with my other. If you try to speak to someone you have to wait ages until they answer. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my package. Is anybody else h...

dor1 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NO Broadband S9

Since at least friday of last week (9th ish?) I have had internet on & off as if it's a YoYo- so much so that I cant load pages at all, I cant steam (how I use the TV) & cant even think of playing games.  I have tried the normal reboot, I tried unplu...

TFD by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x Modem Mode NOT coming at all

I spoke that he Virgin Media Unity team over the last few days about an update on the availability of modem mode on the Hub 5x used in the Full fibre areas (XGS-PON) and they quiet blatantly said it would not be coming to this devices so if this is a...

hafer by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Guest Network won't connect

Installed the Hub 5 yesterday from a Hub 3, I had my hub 3 split into 3 networks 2.4, 5 and a Guest which and those setting seemed to carry across to the Hub 5. I can connect to 2.4 & 5 but not the Guest anymore. They all show but the Guest won't con...

teulk by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on router is continuously on

Hi, There has been a red light on the router (hub 3 M280) for about a week. The hub has been reset and did not resolve the problem.  There is an intermittent fault, as the wi-fi vanishes and then comes back. According to info  it is best to switch of...

jmart by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement Pods needed

I had an engineer visit last week as I was having various wifi issues and also one of my boxes wiped all my recordings. He checked the router and we also removed the 3 Wifi Pods that I had as it appears they were causing a problem. Without these I no...

davef28 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VM Connect App still not working

The app hasn't been working for several months now. When I try to connect, I get a message "we can't find your hub". I have reset the hub numerous times but to no avail. I have deleted the app from both my iPhone and iPad, reinstalled on iPhone only,...

Red Light on hub

Internet is on - red light permanently on so making internet drop in and out an preventing me from logging into work PC.  Can't get through to anyone at Virgin - did what was recommended by Virgin online about resetting etc - now it says still a prob...

Nadine6 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order WiFi pod please

Hi I have a black spot in my kitchen and get intermittent coverage/dropouts.  Last VM Connect speed was about 18.  I cannot find on the app where to order a Pod.  Can you help?  Thanks Michael 

MJL2012 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Faulty Router?

Joined VM on 27th December 2023! After about two weeks, the router stopped working. I rebooted it and it worked again. About a week later the same thing happened. Same procedure followed. Same result. Since then the speed has deterioratedm My laptop ...