Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Crafty
o0MattE0o

XBOX One (Super Hub)

I have just got a new replacement Super Hub that replaced my Older Super Hub, I have to say this has been the most unreliable Router I have ever used, I think I have had about 6 or 7 Super Hubs before that I think I had one or two routers from Cable and Wireless / Telewest / Blueyonder... any way: -

I get the following message on XBOX One Network test, : -

Your download speed is too slow 

Your download speed is 20 KB/s. This is too slow and may be affecting network quality
Other Devices on your network can also be slowing you down. Try turning them off.
For more info, visit xbox.com/xboxone/networkquality. 

This is a Speed Test from my PC: -

SpeedTest.net

What I'm going to do because I don't want to sit on the phone to some one reading question 1 / question 2 / ect, I have put the Super Hub into Dumb Mode (Modem Mode) and using my Old NETGEAR WND R3700...

working a treat :smileyfrustrated: So issue again is with the Super Hub :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: XBOX One (Super Hub)

Wired or wireless?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Crafty
o0MattE0o

[ Edited ]

Wireless but I did try wired!

I have had a few games using wireless on my Netgear and all is working perfectly now, but I would like not to have two devices...

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Hi o0MattE0o,

Have you tried any of the work arounds regarding the Xbone? Such as enabling the Ip Sec passthrough on the firewall or enabling UPnP? From that speed test looks perfect so don't think this is an issue with the hub in particular. Unless, of course, that test was done while you were already in modem mode...

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Crafty
o0MattE0o

[ Edited ]

Never mind I have lost faith in Virgin Media Software editing and have converted to a standard setup that gives me far far better range and quality using a standard Netgear Router...

I Cant comment on Super Hub 2 but the super hub is a hunk of **it always has been...\

As for you questions

XBOX One is in DMZ
I have tested firewall completely off and IPsec passthrough and this dose not help, I just come to the conclusion that Virgin Media dose not know how to monitor Us without messing up the quality, so if any one else has any issues with XBOX...

1. Put Virgin Media Super Hub into Modem mode

2. Attach a real Router

3. Play XBOX One with no issues

P.S Im happy for you to send out another Super hub but don't think this will help!

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

o0MattE0o wrote:
I Cant comment on Super Hub 2 but the super hub is a hunk of **it always has been...\

Depends how you look at you still need the super hub so it can't be that bad all things a side it does well staying online continuously in modem mode.

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.