Just joined
essentialatom
Helpful Answer

Wireless dongle not working - no lights

Hi,

I connect my PC to my Virgin Media Superhub using the supplied dongle, but the light on the dongle now fails to come on and it won't connect to my network. When I plug it in I'm asked if I want to open the folder, and I run AutoInst.exe, but although the software reinstalls the dongle still doesn't turn on and see the network. I know the superhub's working because I can connect to it other wireless devices. Is it possible to fix the problem or do I need a replacement dongle (and if so, do I need to pay for that)?

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
James_G

Re: Wireless dongle not working - no lights

Hi essentialatom,

I can see from the notes on your account that you have contacted our technical support team since your last post and that an adaptor has been ordered and sent for you.

The adaptor usually takes a couple of working days to reach you.

When you receive the adaptor could you please test and let us know if this resolves your issue?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Just joined
essentialatom

Hi,

Yes, sorry I didn't update this thread. I have received the new dongle and it works perfectly, thank you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
James_G

Hi essentailatom,

I am glad to hear the new adaptor has arrived and is working correctly for you.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

James Gilbert

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Just joined
diskodog

hi my dongle has started droping in and out...ive checked my hub with an ethernet and my laptop wifi all good...the dongle seems to have developed a fault...can anybody suggest how to go about getting another one...as this one has or is on its last legs...cheers

Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes III
Luke_Thomas

Hi diskodog

If you haven't already done so, please post a new thread detailing your difficulties and we'll look into them for you. Piggy-backing onto an existing thread makes it more difficult for us to assist you initially, and to keep track of any developments. Individual threads reduce the chances of a post 'slipping through the net'.

Kind Regards,

Luke Thomas

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.