Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
TJ36

Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

I'm using:

D-Link DIR615 router

Intel Wireless N WiFi Link 802.11abgn

Virgin BB modem

Dell XPS M1330

That's the message I get and everything is set up correctly afaik but I can't get the wifi to connect. I also get There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless connection adapter. Media state is enabled but speed is 0bps.

The wireless connection is enabled and the wifi light is flashing on my laptop (Dell XPS M1330) but ipv4 and ipv6 say not connected. 

I've set up the router following the instructions from this forum but no joy. Connecting the ethernet via the router works though.

It's probably something really obvious but I've searched the web for info and can't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated cause i'm completely stuck. Cheers. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Re: Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

I would download the driver for the wireless adapter model 4965agn? from the Intel site. The driver on the Dell site looks well out of date. I would uninstall the wireless adapter from windows and reinstall using the new driver.

Check the adapter properties that the TCP\IPv4 and v6 properties are set uo obtain IP and DNS addresses automatically

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
TJ36

Re: Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

Nevermind i got it. WLAN autoconfig was disabled. So it was something simple. Now if windows had have told me this...:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
TJ36

Hi. I did install the latest driver from Intel. The cryptic message really threw me. It's running really well now, good strong signal and doesn't seem any slower than ethernet. Cheers.

Please use plain text.