Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
lukeatkin50

Windows 8 and Virgin Media Superhub issue!

So recently i had upgraded one of my computers to Windows 8 from Windows 7 clean install ( formatted before install etc.), and after installing the drivers for my wireless adapter i can no longer see my router in the WiFi list which is a Superhub router by Virgin Media. The weird thing is that the wireless adapter is working perfectly as i can see all the other routers in my neighborhood, and the router is working perfectly as i could connect to it when i was running Windows 7, and my iPhone etc. can still connect to it. I have tried to manually connect to the router by entering the information manually and telling Windows 8 to "connect even if the network is not broadcasting" but still no joy of connecting.

I do not understand that when installing Windows 8 that my computer no longer wants to communicate with my Router even when i try manually connecting it, but somehow manages to see all the other routers nearby which are further away.

PS. My Wireless adapter is a Linksys WUSB54G - http://support.linksys.com/en-eu/support/adapters/WUSB54GS

All help will be thanked in advance!
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: Windows 8 and Virgin Media Superhub issue!

Did you download and install the drivers manually or did Windows Update find them itself?

Make sure you are not set to 5Ghz mode on your SH

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

I would also check thatthe greenfield mode is disabled on the hub.

What wireless encryption are you using to connect  to the hub?

You could try setting the wireless mode of the hub to 54Mbps as you are using a wireless G adapter.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

Is yours the WUSB54G or WUSB54GS, and what version is it?

http://support.linksys.com/en-eu/support/adapters/WUSB54G is the 54G version.

I hate to say things like this, but it's 10 years old and the drivers are not up to date, perhaps a replacement should be considered?..  Hopefully you just downloaded the wrong drivers... The ones for a 54gs instead of 54g... and when you replace them then it might work..

http://www.technipages.com/linksys-wusb54g-drivers-for-windows-8-64-bit.html has made his own driver, but use those at your own risk.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
lukeatkin50

Sorry for the late reply!

I will probably give up with this wireless adapter as "

Please use plain text.