Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Anncj

WiFi password

I have lost my WiFi password. How can I retrieve it? I have a Kindle and can't use it to download books from Amazon.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
dozer167

Re: WiFi password

If you are using a superhub, then simply do a pin-hole reset, which will reset the superhub to default.

Login details will be:  admin   /  changeme.    You can then choose a new wifi password.      dozer167   

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Anncj

Thank you for your answer. I don't know if it's a superhub. It says Motorola SURFboard SB4100. If it is, where is the pinhole?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

Anncj wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I don't know if it's a superhub. It says Motorola SURFboard SB4100. If it is, where is the pinhole?

The surfboard is a modem only, do you have a wireless router between the modem & your pc?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Anncj

Yes, I do. What would I use to get into the pinhole?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

[ Edited ]

Hi Anncj

You may not acutally need to reset your router, if you log in to it you should be able to get the wirelesas password from the routers wireless page. 

What router do you have?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi anncj,

As previously asked, which model of router do you have? If you can login to the router then you may be able to obtain or reset the password from there.

Also, do you have any PC's which connect wirelessly? If so, you may be able to go into your wireless network settings and show the characters in your passphrase, negating the need to even touch the router.

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Anncj

Hi, Sorry, I've been away for the weekend.

I have a NETGEAR router. How do I log in to it?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Anncj

Hi Jason,

I have a NETGER router, but don't know how to log in to it. I have a Mac, not a PC and I'm connected by cable.

Thanks

anncj

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

login to your router on http://192.168.0.1 username = admin password = changeme that should log you in

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XL TV 1x 500Gb TiVo 1x V+HD 1x VHD 152Mb BB XL Phone
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.