Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
weedie

Why do I have to reboot my router every time I turn my PC on, in order to connect?

Hi. I recently got a new Virgin package (including router) and for some reason, whenever I turn on my PC it fails to connect to the router. When I "diagnose" the problem it says the PIN is incorrect. If I retype in the PIN (which I know is correct), it still says it is incorrect and can't connect.

However, if I go and turn the router off and on, my PC connects to it fine.

What settings do I need to change to stop this from happening? It's very annoying to have to go downstairs to reboot the router every time I want to use the internet in my bedroom!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
silky1873

Re: Why do I have to reboot my router every time I turn my PC on, in order to connect?

i get  the same issue with my laptop, if / when  i close it over  and leave  it for over 5 minutes..

if i decide to go back on my laptop before the  5 mins is up   its fine.... :smileyfrustrated:

when i start up the laptop   it comes up with the    wee orange symbol instead of the signal strength ,  right click open up the diagnostic..   and it goes through its  wee  routine of resetting modem  etc    and still cant connect,

I  need to turn off the modem for  15  seconds  and restart it  every time 

this and the continual wireless drop outs are really starting to  get on my ****** 

no doubt it will be put down to  a  superdud issue 

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Re: Why do I have to reboot my router every time I turn my PC on, in order to connect?

Hi weedie,

Are you using a Hub, Superhub or a seperate router? If so, which router?

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
weedie

Hi - it's a Superhub router.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
TyLW

I have been having this problem for a while. I had the issue at home, i decided to end my contract with virgin after 18 months service mainly due to moving back with the in-laws to save for a mortgage.

They updated to the new superhub, and guess what? Same issue as you're stating.

If this doesn't get solved, then i know i won't be a returning customer as the superhub is very unreliable. I wouldn't mind if i switched my superhub off over night and had to switch it off in the morning. But i hate it when i make my morning coffee, go to check my emails to find out i have to track to my study to restart my superhub just so i can reconnect to the internet.

very annoying.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

Laptops coming out of Sleep/Hibernation may find that they dont connect, and rebooting the PC, restarting the Wifi Adapter, or Restarting the Router will cause the connection to come back.

If you are cold-booting your laptop/pc (that is, not from sleep or hibernation) and this is happening then there is a problem, but if it is from one of those two things it is not that  uncommon on any wifi router.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.