Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
ishfady

What is the Username and Password for NetGear Modem router

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have VirginMedia broadband line. VirginMedia has provide me with NetGear Wireless N Modem Router (ie Modem and Router combine), model: VMDG280. I am try to access router setup. But it is not allowing me. I went on NetGear website and they suggested to reset router and then use, Username: admin and password: password. I try this but I am not getting access to router.It keep saying wrong login datails.

Please can someone advice me, How can I access this router.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: What is the Username and Password for NetGear Modem router

is this the router your referring to:

if it is then the default details are username admin password password if you cant log into it, what browser you trying to use eg firefox, google, internet explorer? you could try the pin hole reset 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ishfady

No, it is not the same modem router. Router I have only four LAN, cable connection, Power input and power swith ON/OFF buttun. It has reset botton on the side of the modem. I already try reset button. Also try username:admin and password:smileytongue:assword. Please could someone help to log into router.

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

just click http://192.168.0.1/ the username is admin and the password is changeme

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi ishfady,

Can you confirm you were able to login to the config pages with the username of admin and password of changeme?

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.