Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
StThrobber
Helpful Answer

WNDA3200 issues. Not Happy with Virgin Media

I had a wireless dongle issued about a year or so ago, possibly slightly more and for the most part it worked fine, however, now on 3 occasions this week it will not light up. I usually see the Smart Wizard box but whatever the dongle would not come to life. In the end I have had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and eventually the dongle coughed to life, but it keeps dropping out and is clearly dying.

I rang the helpline to be told to do all the checks I'd already done, and then was told to go into town and buy a new dongle from the Virgin Media store.

This very poor customer service in my opinion.

I've been a NTL/Virgin media customer for about 15 years now and if equipment supplied by the company is faulty, it should be replaced without me physically having to go somewhere and buy it.

For info I do have a 64 bit system and it has been working okay up until the last week when it suddenly starting working only intermittently

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: WNDA3200 issues. Not Happy with Virgin Media

VM no longer supply those dongles

They are very flaky, I had issues with mine on Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1

A manual install of the drivers usually resolves things, but only for a short while

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Installing-Virginmedia-Netgear-WDNA3200-Adap...
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

As Gary's stated VM no longer supply the WDNA3200 to new customers so there are most likely no replacements to go around.

If you did go to your local VM store I would be careful that they didn't misunderstand and try to sell a Mobile Dongle instead. :smileywink:

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
StThrobber

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that, the guy on the phone at the Indian call centre didn't advise that they don't supply these any more, so does VM not supply dongles at all or is there an alternative that someone could suggest?

I would need a reliable N dongle that works on Windows 7 on a 64bit system

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

They don't supply any at all

You need one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-USB-N53-300Mbps-Wireless-Warranty/dp/B005T3TJ2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
StThrobber

Cheers Gary, just ordered one.
Please use plain text.