Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
JanThang

WIFI router not working

HI

My computer is connected to the router via Ethernet cable so I don't have any problems with connecting to the internet. The problem is whenever I try to connect anything (friend's laptop, phone, etc) via WIFI, it never seems to connect to the internet. On my phone it says that the internet is disabled. and I have no idea how to enable it. tried googling the problem and still got no idea.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
boothy_2012

Re: WIFI router not working

username: admin
password: changeme
then click advanced

Go to set password
Restore factory defaults tick yes and apply.

Then log back in to the hub go to services tab and untick all boxes so the firewall is OFF.

Then click wireless settings and set the wireless to the following:

Wireless Mode: 145Mbps
Wireless Channel: 1 , 6 , 11 or 13
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
JanThang

Thanks! that worked!

Shouldn't i re-enable the firewall?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
boothy_2012

[ Edited ]

Nope there has been loads of posts on here that the firewall has been affecting ping/latency so gaming is poor and slows down the connection, the firewall isn't needed as your pc should have one anyway, virgin are thinking about having the firewall off by default in a future firmware update.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
boothy_2012

anyway glad it solved your problem
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Nicola_C

Hi JanThang,

I'm pleased that wireless is working now thanks to boothy_2012 excellent advice. I would however just like to reinforce that Virgin Media do not at the moment endorse disabling the firewall. It may be worth trying it with the firewall enabled and see how you get on?

Nicola_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
applecrumble

We have had a couple of weeks of the internet working fine on the computers served by a cable, but on eg laptops and phones, we have found that the wifi signal seems to stop working intermittently. This has got worse and worse, and now today it has stopped working altogether. When we try to connect to it, it says "Disconnected", then "Scanning" and then it says "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK". Can't understand this as we haven't changed any settings or anything. I know our wireless has a password so I don't think anyone else could have accessed it. I was uncertain about following the advice on this thread as a) it is quite old and b) there seemed to be some uncertainty about whether the original advice should be followed. Also, I did go on the http://192.168.0.1 website and it didn't look quite the same, probably it has been updated. Might it be the case that the router has a fault and if so does Virgin replace them? Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
DJT298

Hi Applecrumble,

To ensure your question gets picked up properly you will be best making your own thread but it can take a few days for the moderators to answer.

If it is suspected your hub is faulty then you can get a replacement, best is to call 150 and discuss it with them.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi applecrumble,

Do you get the same issue after a reboot or a reset of the hub at all? This sounds like the symptoms of the issue discussed in this thread and which we are hoping to have fixed with new firmware currently being tested.

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.