Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
notahappibunni

Unable to get internet access on Samsung Chat mobile via my new 'Super'Hub

I posted this already on another thread, but I think I posted it in the wrong place to get help, so am posting here instead ..

I just got a Super Hub to replace my old virgin modems and installed it at the weekend, all seemed to be going swimmingly as I was able to 'see' the modem from all my devices (2 x laptops, and one mobile phone) put in the password and connected up to the hub.  So far, so good.

But then I was unable to gain access to the internet on any of those devices, all I had was a local connection with the 'super' hub.  Phoned Virgin technical support, they updated the drivers on my laptop and got that working .. so no probs there any more, but my phone still does not connect to the internet :smileymad:

As I said, I can 'see' the hub on the available networks shown on my phone (Samsung Chat 335) and I can log into it with my password, which it accepts .. but can go no further than that, and can't get it to load any webpages.

Would appreciate if someone can advise me how to resolve the phone problem, because I am really quite annoyed that I have paid for an upgraded hub and yet can now only access it with half of my devices instead of all of them, which I was previously able to do with the old hub/modem.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
djanderson

Re: Unable to get internet access on Samsung Chat mobile via my new 'Super'Hub

I have exactly the same problem with the Samsung Chat phone....HELP!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi notahappibunni,

Please reboot the hub and let us know if you are then able to connect.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jayney109

I can 'see' the hub on the available networks shown on my phone (Samsung Chat 335) and I can log into it with my password, which it accepts .. but can go no further than that, and can't get it to load any webpages.

I am  having the same problem, ive had help from virgin tech services and no one seems to be able to resolve the problem, was a soloution ever found?

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
fairydustmother

[ Edited ]

Same here got my super hub on 10 November 2012 everything working after calling technician EXCEPT my SAMSUNG CHAT MOBILE PHONE..got 2 laptops and a blackberry in use all work except my samsung...NEED THIS ISSUE RESOLVED AS I GOT A LOT OF PHOTOS WHICH NEED UPLOADING FROM MY SAMSUNG CHAT!!!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
fairydustmother

[ Edited ]

VIRGIN MEDIA COULD YOU PLEASE HELP WITH THE ISSUE OF THE SAMSUNG CHAT MOBILE PHONE NOT ACCESSING INTERNET VIA CONNECTION WITH VIRGIN SUPER HUB????????? DATE POSTED ::::::::  1ST DECEMBER 2012

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Julia_M

Hi jayney109 and Fairydustmother,

I'm sorry you are having issues trying to connect your mobile phones.

Can you try to reboot the Superhub and then connect as Jen suggested earlier in the thread.

Kind Regards,

Julia M

Julia_M

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
r1ch4rdb

Hi

I am also having isssues with the Samsung Chat 335 refusing to load pages using wi-fi via the super hub. Has this issue been resolved? I have tried rebooting the hub and it makes no difference. Other brands and models of mobile phones can connect without any problems but this phone cannot. The mobile provider has no idea why it won't connect and Samsung's advisor cannot see a reason either. Is this an issue with the hub?

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi r1ch4rdb,

We are not aware of any issues related to the Samsung Chat 335. When you experienced the issue were you able able to use the connection on another device? Just to establish you had a connection. Have you tried rebooting the SuperHub? 

Amer_Z

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
r1ch4rdb

Re: Unable to get Internet access on Samsung Chat mobile via my new 'Super'Hub

Hi Amer_Z,

Yes I've rebooted the superhub and am still able to access the Internet using other devices including other makes of mobile phones. The Samsung Chat is the only device that is not able to load pages. The superhub shows the phone as connected and I can even access the superhub menus from the phone. The phone just repeats the error message "connection failed" each time an attempt is made to load an internet page.

I have now given up trying and have sent the phone back to the provider to be replaced. I posted on here after seeing others had experienced similar problems but the issue did not seem to have been resolved. When new handset arrives I'll let you know if it connects OK.

Regards

Richard

Please use plain text.