Just joined
javabean

Superhub and Extending the Network

Afternoon all, 

I am puzzled and bemused (never something that surprises me with Virgin Media) 

I am setting an office up in an upstairs office, I have a desktop computer a mac mini server, design jet plotter and laser printer. I also have an apple airport extreme, I wanted to extend my network from the superhub down in the lounge using the airport extreme is it possible ?? doing it the simple way seems to come back with an error that I can not extend the superhub network. 

Also I have only just got a superhub and 20mb bb and had a letter about having 30mb broadband as a "free upgrade" but have to pay £30 connection fee?? surely having just got a superhub I dont need another one as it is the same hub that you would get for a 50mb connection? I want the extra 10mb but dont fancy paying for another box that is the same as the one I only just got! 

Help!! 

Please use plain text.
A regular III
Jon-S

Re: Superhub and Extending the Network

To extend the network you will need to go into the Hubs config pages and enable WDS, i think it supports it but i cannot be sure.

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
Chris_K

Hi javabean

This is not something that is currently supported in the 'superhub'. We are working on a firmware update that should make it possible

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
AnthonyZ

Any idea when this firmware update will be rolled out? I'm in the same position.

Please use plain text.
A regular II
StevenJohnson

[ Edited ]

AnthonyZ wrote:

Any idea when this firmware update will be rolled out? I'm in the same position.

I heard it's sometime in april...

I downgraded last night, I couldnt put up with it anymore...

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
John_O

Hi all,

For information on the firmware update please see here.

Regards,

John O

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
Hyperstylistic

Just had my Superhub installed today along with Tivo :-). Now have a redundant Apple airport express that I was hoping to extend the wifi into the garden for the laptop and iPad (yes its sunny in Scotland). Any further news on the request for volunteers? I cant find anything on a search...

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely II
andyjarrett

Echoing what Hyperstylistic said I too have a redundant Apple Airport Extreme which I really wanted to use to add a printer on to my wireless network (as well as extend my range).

I cannot find anywhere to sign up to be a beta tester for the firmware (which I would be if needed)! Is there any more information as it is now May?

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
John_O

Hi all,

I would advise you to keep an eye out for any posts by Mark Wilkin, if and when beta testers are required he will post it in a thread at the top of the Fibre or 50MG forum.

Regards,

John O

Please use plain text.
Just joined
lukebacon

Just wondered whether you could clarify precisely, in light of this, that the upcoming R27 as mentioned by Mark Wilkin will indeed include WDS support?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.