Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
new2001
Helpful Answer

Superhub 2

I have read loads of superhub threads saying it is terrible.I cant beleive  that virgin media still supply the superhub.I think its been  2 years now since they have been giving customers  the superhub.Does anybody know if virgin media are going to give something else instead.For example a superhub 2.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
dozer167

Re: Superhub 2

[ Edited ]

new2001,

Though the superhub is not perfect, a recent firmware update has been rolled out to address a lot of the known issues.           

You can read of all kinds of rumours about a superhub 2 in the making, but I can assure you at present they are just that, rumours, as there isn't any thing as yet in the pipe line for a superhub 2 version.

Regards dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

just to basically back up dozers post

there is rumours about a superhub 2 but if this is the case then they will announce it after trialing it to make sure its fit for purpose.

the recent firmware has fixed a number of issues that have been addressed and the other issues that have been  found since the rollout of the firmware version r36 will be presented to the firmware team to get resolved for the next firmware release.

GamesUnited Community, GamesUnited blog
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

The was a Superhub 2 last year but it failed in testing and then the was supposed to be a Superhub 3 which may or may have been built with external antenna depending on how aesthetically pleasing it looked but even that appears to have been canned.

They need someone to grow a couple and buy a decent mainstream device built by the likes of Motorola which strangely never made it past the testing phase even though millions are in use worldwide, makes you wonder what kind of people are allowed to chose their flagship device.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
legacy1

If their going to make another Superhub make it a modular design.
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

legacy1 wrote:
If their going to make another Superhub make it a modular design.

They should just go back to what they are good at buying from a mainstream company as in the old dayss such as Motorola but some fool will see it as losing face and insist that they keep foisting junk devices on to the customer base.

We have people who swear by their VMNG300 but even they have had the wool put over their eyes as that device is not capable of speeds much above 100Mb and nor does it have the capability to use 8 downstreams, it obviously was bought for a price and was quickly outmoded soon afterwards when the company decided to go with the revamped rollout utilising 8 not 4 downstreams.

You do get a sense of whoever the people in charge of purchasing these devices either not having a clue about the modern day needs of an ISP or buying something which has a sweetner attached even though it is to all intents and purposes junk.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
captainsarcasti

Motorola probably wanted decent money for a decent product.  VM probably wanted a cheap product, and so now we have the cheaply made Superhub.

Even if there was a Superhub 2/3/4, I'm not sure I'd want to be one of the early adopters.  Remember how VM said the SH had been tested, and was great, and the customers loved it, etc, yet here we are two years later with some serious bugs and stablity issues, and basic functionality still absent.

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

captainsarcasti wrote:

Motorola probably wanted decent money for a decent product.  VM probably wanted a cheap product, and so now we have the cheaply made Superhub.

Even if there was a Superhub 2/3/4, I'm not sure I'd want to be one of the early adopters.  Remember how VM said the SH had been tested, and was great, and the customers loved it, etc, yet here we are two years later with some serious bugs and stablity issues, and basic functionality still absent.

I have heard that the Superhub is more expensive than a mainstream device such as a Motorola if that is true then they are either quite stupid or the were some very greasy handshakes.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

Peter_ wrote:
either quite stupid or the were some very greasy handshakes.

can we choose one option or 2? lol if 2 then i choose uuummmm both answers

GamesUnited Community, GamesUnited blog
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Stythinator

I have been told by 4 different Engineers and also a Network Engineer that they are Testing the Superhub 2 currently. 

Should be out between March - April.

Please use plain text.