Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
aadil7

Superhub 2 2G and 5G connection issues

Hello everyone.

I recently got the superhub 2 installed and am having quite a few isses with its connection.

On my phone (Galaxy S3)

When I connect to the 5G network it works fine.. I am able to establish a connection with the 2G network however I cannot gain any internet access.

Ony my laptop

I can easily connect to the 2G network and this works however I have an issue with connecting the the 5G network which was working earlier on. The 5G network displays as 'No internet access' with a yellow exclamation mark sign over the bars on the bottom right.

How do I fix these issues as its really frustrating!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
aadil7

Re: Superhub 2 2G and 5G connection issues

Ok now I am connected to the 5G network and it works fine and I am having the issues I had before with the 5G network on the 2G network.. This is so frustrating the way it switches! No difference on my phone though still!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
aadil7

Now the same on my phone the same issue that I was having on the 2G band is happening on the 5G band
this switching is really really frustrating now as I dont know what to do!
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi aadil7,

You will need to make sure that both devices are capable of connecting to 5Ghz. As you have a Samsung Galaxy S3, I know from personal experience that this works fine with the 5Ghz network. With your laptop however you may need to update your wireless network card. What one are you using currently?

5Ghz is better used if you are in the same room as the Superhub as range is not as good as on 2.4Ghz.

Thanks, 

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JAG100

I am having exactly the same problem. on my laptop I have strong signal for both 2G and 5G and connect to the internet fine with the 5G.  when I swap to the 2G connection just cannot connect. Any ideas please

Please use plain text.