Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
gillyjamjars
Helpful Answer

Super Hub and Smart TV internet connection (or lack of)

Just set up new Super Hub. Desktop pc and 2 laptops all connecting to internet fine. Smart tv shows internet connection is ok but cannot connect to internet properly.e.g Iplayer freezes every few seconds. No problems previously with old Webstar modem and Netgear wireless router. Any suggestions (other than bin Super Hub and revert to old set-up!)

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Re: Super Hub and Smart TV internet connection (or lack of)

I take it your connection it via wireless.

You might want to try using your old Netgear Router with the superhub in modem only mode.

Here is how you do it.

First Log into the superhub http://192.168.0.1 username: admin password: changeme (if you have not changed it)

Click the Advanced Settings link under the 3 boxes.
On the left hand side you will see a long menu. scrool to the end and look for the Modem Mode item in the menu.

Click it and you will get a page with a tick box that says enable modem mode.

Tick it and hit apply (save).

The Superhub will now reboot and be in modem only mode. (This disables the NAT Router and Wireless of the SH) Connect your old netgear routers WAN (Internet) port to the first lan port of the Superhub (the one next to the coax cable) and boot up your netgear. Now connect you your PCs, TVs, Phones and whatever else to the wireless of the netgear.

Tony.
2X TiVo 500G (TV XL) 152Mb BB & Weekend Calls.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gillyjamjars

Thanks for that although it begs the question 'what is the point of the Superhub' if it's just being used as a modem and I had no problems with the original modem/wireless router set up!  Just another dust catcher as it's twice the size of the old modem albeit a bit prettier with a fancy blue light!!!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

The Superhub works fine with wired connections. But when it comes to wireless thats where it fails to preform like a stand alone router. I am not sure as to what the problems are with the wireless of the SH but I had many problems with mine and just used my old D-Link dir-615 as a access point for the wireless.

I am suprised that the wireless is so bad since the Superhub is made by NetGear and there routers/modems are normally vary good.

Tony.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
atiq

can we used any wirless router? i mean i got 2wire bt wireless router .and i wants to connect with suberhub modem? is it possible plz reply

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

you cannot use 2wire (ADSL) routers with the superhub. Only routers for cable internet that have a full ethernet WAN port.

Tony.
Please use plain text.