Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
jm21h

Super Hub - IP Address Problem

Can anybody help me please? I've just upgraded to a Super Hub from a standard netgear router. By doing so I can no longer access my security cameras on my PC when I am away from home. Logging on using my local IP address 192.168 etc is fine but when logging on to my main IP address which is 213.105 etc it just hangs when trying to log on.

I've disabled the Firewall on my PC and the Super Hub but still no joy. Anybody got any ideas?

Much appreciated

John.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Super Hub - IP Address Problem

you'll possible need to seup port fowarding on the superhub, or you can re-use your old router -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=412750&CURRENT...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi jm21h,

If other options don't work, put the hub into modem mode and connect up the wireless router you used previously.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jm21h

Hi Jen & Paul.

Thanks for your help but still no luck after changing the super hub to Modem mode If only the virgin engineer would answer his mobile, he took my old router and modem away with him. I think I'll have to contact virgin and request they take the Super hub back, then I'll have to re-install a standard modem and buy another netgear router which I know worked. :smileysad: John

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

Just buy another router and attach to the SH in modem mode. There's no reason why that won't work.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
GauBan

As Paul said above you might need to setup port forwarding. This will allow the requests from the internet to access the IP address through the port that the camera uses.

You will need the following.

port used by camera (might be 80 or 443)

IP address set for the camera (192.168.x.x address)

On the SuperHub port forwarding only works if the firewall is set to low on the r36 firmware.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jm21h

Thanks for your help everyone. 

I managed to get my camera's working on my Superhub (not in modem mode) by setting up port forwarding and then setting up port triggering. I used port 88.

Please use plain text.