Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
RBurns1
Helpful Answer

Sony Xperia phone won't connect to WiFi Superhub

My wife has just bought herself a Sony Xperia Miro phone.

When we try to get a WiFi connection it finds the superhub no problem, tells us the signal strength is excellent and that it is secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK

enter the password and try to connect and it comes back saying "Authentication problem"

It connects no problem in the local cafe which offers free wifi and also uses WPA/WPA2 security.

I have an Ipad and laptops running Windows and Linux connecting with no problem so I'm sure I've got the password correct.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
plazma

Re: Sony Xperia phone won't connect to WiFi Superhub

The default password key on the superhub should be AES not TKIP, i would login to the superhub and double check its set to AES, if so it maybe the phone is detecting it wrong for some strange reason.

The only thing i can think to do is to change it to TKIP from AES and then to rejoin all the other devices if it works.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Jingleman

I have the Sony Xperia Miro, and connection to the Super Hub works .... eventually :smileyfrustrated:

There is a known problem sometimes connecting the Super Hub with Android phones, but appears the fault is with the Super Hub itself. Currently awaiting a fix.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi RBurns1,

In addition to the helpful suggestions already provided, please reboot the hub. In all honesty I tested this issue myself and a reboot allowed my android to connect. 

If that doesn't help, please try a factory reset of the hub.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
siddle

I was baffled at first with similar problem on Sony Tipo phone. At the moment it works by pressing the sync button on the SH for about 2 secs until it flashes red & blue, then the phone connects (this is WPS sync, but I don't understand because there is no WPS on the phone!)
Please use plain text.