Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
seneffe

Setting up a new router- 'ISP username and ISP password'

Trying to set up a d-link DIR-615 router via the set up wizard and struggling with trying to get it to accept what I thought was my username and password.  I have an NTLworld account.

Is the ISP username my NTLworld e-mail address, real name, or something else like 'admin'?

Is the ISP password the same as I use to login to myvirgin?  If so that bit's sorted.

Grateful for any advice.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
DJ-Shadow

Re: Setting up a new router- 'ISP username and ISP password'

Hello

Not needed for a cable connection, make sure the connection type is set to automatic, or DHCP on the WAN side of the router.

Mike

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Setting up a new router- 'ISP username and ISP password'

in this case best idea is to start from the beginning so unplug power to the cable modem, press and hold reset on back of dlink next to power cable for 15 seconds, wait about 2 mins.. turn off router.  leave it unplugged. 

then turn on cable modem wait for lights to go solid, making sure the modem is wired to the Dlink wan/internet port.  then turn on router and carry on install.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.