Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Bluemuzzy10

Problem connecting my Samsung Smart TV US40ES6800 to the internet

I am unable to connect my new Samsung Smart TV to the internet.  It has built in WIFI.  The TV wizard finds my router ok.  It connects to the router wirelessly (green tick shown on screen for this part of the journey), however, it then fails to connect to the internet.  I have spoken to the Virgin Media technical support team (India) and they have told me that it is nothing to do with my Virgin Media service.  I have managed to connect a laptop, kindle, wii and Samsung Galaxy S2 phone to my home WIFI without any prior issues.

The message I get on the TV is:-

Setup failed.  Try the following to set your IP address automatically. Or set your IP address manually by selecting IP settings.

Make sure that the DHCP server is enabled on the router, and turn router off and on again.  Contact your Internet Service provider for more information. 

I have tried all these things.

Do I need to remove firewall and security codes from the router?

I would appreciate some help please.  Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
franklandb

Re: Problem connecting my Samsung Smart TV US40ES6800 to the internet

Did you find a solution peae as I have exactly the same problem thanks

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi franklandb,

Does the Tv connection wizard detect your wireless network, if so what error do you get when trying to connect?

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
TAZMANUK

A few things to try

Go to samsungs website see if their is a new firmware for the smart tv that might fix this issue.

If so download to a usb stick and follow the method for upgrading the tvs firmware.

Next have you reset the tv to factory settimgs at all.

Finally just for a few minutes remove wifi protection and search for wifi on smart tv and see if it connects if it does u.might be entering wrong passphrase as it can be fiddly putting in text via remote if thats the case re do ya wifi security and retry tv again redoing the passphrase.

I have smasung UE46D8000 have no issues on wifi connecting

Why have the rest when you can have the best...Virginmedia Services of course.....(excluding virgin mobile)
Please use plain text.